1. Is my Zojirushi vacuum food jar/ bottle BPA-free?
The interior of all our vacuum food jar/ bottle is made of high quality stainless steel, and is BPA-free. Lids, stoppers, mouth rings and all other plastic parts are also BPA-free.
2. Where can I order replacement part for my Zojirushi products?
Replacement parts may be ordered online at www.zojimall.com or by calling or whatsapp to our Customer Service at 012-9226151, Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please provide us the model number and photos of the parts that you wish to replace.
3. Why does the food jar's lid set sometimes difficult to open?
The lid may become difficult to open from the inner pressure caused by filling with hot food. In this case, remove the lid cover and push a small, rounded object such as the back of a toothpick (please avoid any sharp object) into the hole in the center to release the pressure, taking care not to tear the valve packing. (Please refer to the illustration in products' instruction manual).
4. How to clean the rust spots and stains in the food jar/ bottle?
During the use of our thermal products, hardness or impurities in water may cause rust spots or water scale. To remove these, fill the container with hot water mixed with the approximately 10% vinegar and let stand with the Lid Set off for 30 minutes to an hour, then wash the interior thoroughly. Alternatively, you may use Zojirushi Stainless Steel Bottle Cleaner: Model: SB-ZA01. Please follow the instruction on the packing.
5. What to take note if I wish to prepare food using food jar?
• Ingredients must dice into small pieces
• Raw meat must be blanched
• Make sure there is sufficient hot boiling water (100 °C)
• Always make sure the foods are fully cooked before consuming
6. What to take note if I wish to place salads/ fruit in the food jar?
Please follow these instructions:
• Use fresh (just purchased) salads/ fruit. Wash well under running water before using.
• Wash hands thoroughly before preparing foods.
• Avoid using kitchen knives and chopping boards which have been used for meat or fish. If you do use such knives or boards for salads/ fruit, disinfect them beforehand.
• Cut salads/ fruit and cool well in the refrigerator before placing in the Container.
7. How about the warranty?
We warrant the thermal insulation of Zojirushi product against defects for a period of two years from the date of original retail purchase. Customers who registered the warranty through our website or Zojirushi Malaysia App may get another three years extended warranty (2+3=5 years warranty).
Warranty coverage includes manufacturing defects & heat retention failure*. (Refer to Q8). There is no warranty on spare parts except for faulty new units. You may purchase the replacement parts from us.
Only genuine unit purchased via authorized dealers in Malaysia enjoy this warranty. Not applicable for parallel import unit purchased via unauthorized channel.
Also, this warranty does not apply if the product has been damaged by accident, abuse, misuse or misapplication, has not been properly maintained or operated according to the operation manual, was not imported by ZOJIRUSHI, has been damaged by accidental or if the lot number and warranty sticker on the product has been removed or defaced.
This warranty does not include any postage, freight, transportation, insurance or delivery fees.
We are not responsible or liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether special, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise, and whether known or should have been known to us, including damage to or replacement of other equipment and property and personal injury, resulting from any breach of warranty, the inability to use the product or under any legal theory in contract or tort. These warranties and remedies are your sole and exclusive warranties and remedies. No other warranties, oral, or written, express or implied, are given, our liability is limited to the actual purchase price you paid to the retail seller of the defective product.
To claim a warranty, you may contact our Dealer whom you purchased from or contact our customer services by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proof of purchase must be submitted in order to claim warranty.
8. How to determine heat retention failure?
The outside of the container become very hot after filling with hot water. (It is normal if the lid set retain warm temperature) OR
Unable to keep warm for at least 6 hours. (Different products with different thermal efficiency. Please refer to the description in products’ instruction manual)
9. What to avoid filling the container with?
1. Dry ice and carbonated drinks: Contents may spray out or the pressure may cause the Lid Set to burst, causing injuries.
2. Fruit juice, raw foods etc: If left inside the Container for an extended period, these may spoil and give off gases. A buildup of pressure from these gases within the Container may make food or beverages spray out or cause the Lid Set to burst.
3. Foods and beverages high in salt: Although the liner is made of 18/8 stainless steel, salf from foods such as miso soup, other soups and sports drinks may cause rust resulting in loss of thermal insulation. When storing foods and beverages with salt, avoid leaving them in for an extended period of time and clean the Container and Lid Set thoroughly immediately after use.
4. Perisable fresh foods (uncooked meat, seafood, diary products, eggs, etc).
10. What are the important safeguards to follow?
• Always make sure cold soups or foods and beverage containing dairy products are cooked (heated) through before placing them in the Container.
• Avoid placing near heat sources such as heaters and gas stoves.
• Do not heat the Container in a microwave.
• Consume foods or beverages as soon as possible (within 6 hours), and do not leave leftovers inside. Leftover contents may spoil.
• Do not remove the sticker from the bottom of the Container.
• Do not leave food and beverages in the Container for an extended period of time. Doing so may cause them to spoil, create gas that increases inner pressure, and cause the Lid Set to burst or the contents to leak out, causing injuries.
• Avoid dropping or hitting against hard surfaces. Damage to the plastic or stainless steel surface of the product may reduce its ability to retain heat.
• Please refer to the products’ instruction manual for more details.
11. How to care our stainless steel thermal food jars/ bottles?
• Wash with a sponge dipped in lukewarm water and mild kitchen detergent.
• After washing, shake several times and thoroughly wipe dry to prevent water stains or rust.
• During the use of our thermal products, hardness or impurities in water may cause rust spots or water scale. To remove these, fill the container with hot water mixed with the approximately 10% vinegar and let stand with the Lid Set off for 30 minutes to an hour, then wash the interior thoroughly. Alternatively, you may use Zojirushi Stainless Steel Bottle Cleaner: Model: SB-ZA01. Please follow the instruction on the packing.
• More caring and cleaning instructions can be found in products’ instruction manual.